The Young Centre for Performing Arts is located at the north-east corner of the Distillery Historic District, at the intersection of Mill Street and Cherry Street. View our recommended routes to get here.
Young Centre for the Performing Arts
50 Tank House Lane
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
Due to multiple construction sites around the Distillery District, parking is greatly impacted in the area. Please give yourself ample time to find parking or consider taking transit to the area.
Cherry Street will be open to local traffic only between Mill Street and the Rail Bridge. There will be no access to Lake Shore Boulevard from southbound Cherry Street and no access to Cherry Street northbound from Lake Shore Boulevard. However, cyclists and pedestrians will continue to have access along Cherry Street connecting to the multi-use trail along Lake Shore Boulevard.
We recommend the following routes to access the Young Centre by public transit:
- Take subway to King Station on the Yonge-University line. Connect to the eastbound 504A streetcar that stops at King Street and Sumach/Cherry Street and walk south to Tank House Lane.
- Take subway to Castle Frank station on the Bloor line. Connect to the 65A Parliament bus. Ride bus straight down Parliament. Exit at Front Street and walk one block south to Mill Street, and then walk east towards the Distillery Historic District.
- Take the eastbound 504A streetcar, King Street and Sumach/Cherry Street and walk south to Tank House Lane.
FROM GO TRANSIT/UNION STATION:
Wheel-Trans Pick-Up / Drop-Off Locations
- Walk to the southeast corner of Front and Bay Streets and take the 121C bus to Mill Street at Cherry Street.
The Young Centre is not accessible from the street directly for vehicles needing to park. Luckily, there are locations nearby if you are in need of the TTC Wheel-Trans service for either pick-up or drop-off.
The suggested location, advised by Wheels-Trans, where this is most easily accessed is 55 Mill Street, Guardhouse Entrance at Trinity Street and Mill Street. Other possible locations are:
- Parking Lot in Distillery Lane: Travel up Rack House Mews, the street heading north from the parking lot, and turn right onto Tank House Lane. The Young Centre is at the end of the street on the left hand side
- Cherry Street: The Young Centre is located just beside Cherry St. Although there is no parking zone, prompt drop- off and pick- ups are possible.
We recommend the following routes to access the Young Centre by vehicle. Please note: Mill St. is now a ONE WAY street going west. Please give yourself extra time to navigate and find parking.
FROM THE EAST
- Don Valley Parkway to Richmond St. exit, west on Richmond to Parliament, south on Parliament to Mill St. (one block south of Front St.), then left onto Mill St.
Kingston Road to Eastern Ave. Turn south on Cherry St. to Mill St.
Queen St. East to Sumach St. Then south on Sumach St, which turns into Cherry St. south of King St.
FROM THE WEST
- 427 south to QEW. QEW east to Gardiner Expressway. Take Jarvis St. exit, then East on Lakeshore East to Parliment St. then north on Parliament St, to Front St. Turn east on Front St. to Cherry St, then south on Cherry St. onto Mill St.
- Don Valley Parkway south to Richmond St. exit, west on Richmond to Eastern Ave. Turn south on Cherry St. to Mill St.
FROM THE NORTH
427 south to QEW. QEW east to Gardiner Expressway. Take Jarvis St. exit, then East on Lakeshore East to Parliment St. then north on Parliament St, to Front St. Turn east on Front St. to Cherry St, then south on Cherry St. onto Mill St.
Don Valley Parkway south to Richmond St. exit, west on Richmond to Eastern Ave. Turn south on Cherry St. to Mill St.
The very popular Distillery Winter Village (previously the Toronto Christmas Market) is back in the Distillery District, Nov. 17 through Dec. 31. Young Centre patrons enjoy free admission to the Distillery Winter Village on the day of your performance by entering the Distillery District via the Cherry Street entrance to access the Young Centre. Bypass the lines with the use of the designated Young Centre entrance at Cherry Street and Tank House Lane.
Please note, if you are driving to the theatre some of the roads in the area may be converted to one way streets and parking will be in demand. Please give yourself plenty of time to navigate the area and find parking. We highly recommend taking transit during this time.
There are two Green P parking lots in the area, located in the Distillery District:
Carpark 267 is an underground lot located at 70 Distillery Lane, with access from either Cherry St or Parliament St. Details and the exact location can be found HERE.
Carpark 230 is surface lot located at 31A Parliament St, with access from Parliament St. Details and the exact location can be found HERE.
There are two other Green P parking lots offsite but close by:
Carpark 285 is an underground lot located at 40 Rolling Mills Rd. Details and the exact location can be found HERE.
Carpark 283 is an underground lot located at 100 Cooperage St. Details and the exact location can be found HERE.
Please be advised that these lots do fill up quickly, especially on weekends and during Distillery Historic District Events.
Our Young Centre banner is on the south-east corner of our building, facing Cherry St.
It's a good marker to show where the theatre is, especially as a Ride Share or Wheel Trans pickup/drop off spot.